- Current Soldiers
- Officer Programs
- PRIOR SERVICE
To become an enlisted Soldier in the Michigan Army National Guard without prior service, you must meet the below guidelines:
- Be a U.S. citizen, naturalized citizen, or permanent resident alien
- Between the ages of 17-35 years old
- In good physical condition
- In good moral standing
- A junior or senior in high school, or a graduate or equivalent
- Some positions may have additional qualifications
If you have prior service experience and are interested in becoming an enlisted Soldier in the Michigan Army National Guard you must meet the below guidelines:
- Age - Must qualify for retired pay by age 60.
- Physical - Must meet height/weight and current medical requirements.
- Education - Must meet education standards for the MOS or option for which you are enlisting.
- Background - Must have most current DD 214, NGB22 or discharge order. If you’re currently in another reserve component, an approved DD Form 368 Conditional Release.
- Basic Training – USN, USAF, USCG applicants who have not completed Army or Marine Corps Basic Training will be required to attend Basic Combat Training (BCT). Some exceptions apply.
- ASVAB - Applicants with a break in service of over 10 years must retake the ASVAB to establish current scores.